In 2014, we asked individuals and community groups: How could you make your Christmas simpler?
The stream of answers from offenders' families, older women and members of the Poverty Truth Commission was truly moving. Rather than the image of a perfect family meal and endless gifts, people want much simpler things from Christmas Day.
- A son to come home from prison
- A family to be reunited
- Time and space to be more reflective
- Somewhere to eat Christmas dinner
Some of the people involved in #SimplyChristmas took a picture of themselves with their pledge and posted them on the ALTERnativity Facebook page and on twitter. Others wanted us to tell their story without using their names.
The most moving have been collated together and can be seen here:
- Any friends with a sweet tooth? Don’t throw away your jars – fill them with this tasty sauce and that’s another tic… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 22 hours ago
- Here's a thought provoking wee video - how many gifts do you recognise in your life? youtube.com/watch?v=BZKg… youtube.com/watch?v=BZKg… 3 days ago
- Do you have any biscuit cutters you don't really use? Why not turn them into a unique gift of tree decorations? He… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 1 week ago